The new 2015 R1 is packed with similar features to the Track version (YZR-M1). Sporting a new 998cc 200PS cross plane 4-cylinder engine that produces 230hp and weighing in at 199kg, this bike means business on the road and on the track.
This has been the flagship super sports from Yamaha since 1998 and the new updates are needed to keep it ahead of the pack, with the likes of Honda, Kawasaki and Ducati also releasing updated super sports to try and steal the crown off yamaha.
Other features include,
- Highly advanced electronic control systems
- 6-axis IMU with Gyro/G sensors for 3D motion data
- Banking sensitive Traction Control/Slide Control
- Front Lift Control and Launch Control
- Banking sensitive Racing ABS/Unified Brake System
- New short wheelbase aluminium Deltabox frame
- Upward truss type swingarm/magnesium rear frame
- Magnesium wheels and aluminium fuel tank
- ‘One-click’ adjustable riding modes
- New Thin Film Transistor (TFT) LCD instruments
Available in red and blue, not that you’ll be seeing what one passed you.